What is Move Update?
On November 23rd, 2008 the USPS made it mandatory that all discounted First Class and Standard Mail
must be updated with an approved method 95 days prior to the mailing date.
Approved methods are:
- Premailing Methods
- NCOA Link® : national COA database
- FASTforward ® Multiline Optical Character Reader (MLOCR) processes
- Postmailing Methods
- OneCode ACS ® : Intelligent Mail ® Barcode
- ACS™: postmailing
- Move Update option
- Ancillary service endorsements
- Address Service Requested, Return Service Requested, Change Service Requested
- Alternative Move Update (First Class Only)